Re-license & old projects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sajohal
Participant

Re-license & old projects

Post by sajohal »

Hello everybody,

I had to re-install the server & client but now I can't access my old projects that I'd created before the old license had expired. They still sit in the default directory but I cannot see it in using Administrator or in designer/manager.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sanj
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You can sometimes use DataStage Administator and add the project by browsing to the directory where the old project was. It should be able to upgrade the project from an older version was well. If there is a permission issue with the old files then it can fail. There are other reasons this can fail so you should always export all your jobs first.

Administrator can add this project in another location and you could import all the jobs to the new version of the project. If you have full exports then all of this is fairly safe. The new project will not have the hash files but they are easily created. Validating jobs can create hash files. Newer versions of DataStage makes this very easy and handles most of these issues without you knowing all the little details.

Try it if it fails then let us walk you through it.
Mamu Kim