lost all my jobs when I rebuilt my repository indces!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

lost all my jobs when I rebuilt my repository indces!!!

Post by JDionne »

Ok now im in panic mode. I rebuit my repository indces becase i had a job locked and after i tried to unlock them it was still locked. Now i cant see any of my jobs!!!! I know they are still there because when i tried to do a reimport it asked if i wanted to over write. i didnt overwrite but how do i get back to seeing them?
Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

I reran the index rebuild and got my jobs back
Jim
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Glad to hear you got it back :).
if you have a locked job you can release it via ds.tools. you can search here.
was covered many times run uv , logto your project and run ds.tools.

And don't forget to backup your projects, so in case you lost it you worst case lost a day's work (I know you know it but people for some strange reason find themselves without a good backup when they most need it.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jim

The issue is that to rebuild an index you need exclusive use of a file. The delete index works fine so it looks like you have no jobs. They are there but indexes are not usable. If you do a LIST.INDEX then you can see that they were not built yet. DS.TOOLS was meant to be used only by dsadm with all users off the system. Unlocking a job does work fine without removing other users.
Mamu Kim
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

kduke wrote:Jim

The issue is that to rebuild an index you need exclusive use of a file. The delete index works fine so it looks like you have no jobs. They are there but indexes are not usable. If you do a LIST.INDEX then you can see that they were not built yet. DS.TOOLS was meant to be used only by dsadm with all users off the system. Unlocking a job does work fine without removing other users.
Great to know Thanks Kim