How to stop a datastage job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yiminghu
Participant

How to stop a datastage job

Post by yiminghu »

Hi,

One of my job was running endlessly. I tried to stop the job using stop command in diretor, unfortunately it did not stop. So I log to Unix box, trying to kill that process. But in director, it still indicated the job is running even though in Unix, I could not find this process.

Is restarting Datastage service my only choice, or there is another way to stop the job?

Thanks,

Yiming
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Please search this forum. Kill should be your last resort. You must know the necessary components to cleanup a job should you do what you did. Search the forum for "cleanup resources" and "clear status file". Please fully understand how DataStage jobs work with the Director clients and how they feed their statuses back to the underlying tables.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ogmios
Participant

Re: How to stop a datastage job

Post by ogmios »

For the quick answer: the status in DataStage is just a snapshot. If the process is killed it's no longer updated, if you do a clear status you will be ready to run it again.

Ogmios