Datastage Designer problems

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj_cipher
Participant

Datastage Designer problems

Post by raj_cipher »

Hi,

My Datastage designer is giving some problems.

1) Its not opening at times.Gives a message Invalid Picture.
2) The job i'm opening shows a msg - DSObjects not found.Unable to retrive the links. The job links are not there.

Anyone could help me in this regards.
Think Ahead,
Raj.D
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm... your first issue sounds like something I would attempt to solve by re-installing the Client. Perhaps some .dll or other component got stepped on by another application or installation.

Your second problem sounds pretty serious, :( perhaps a corrupted Server/DSEngine repository. You are going to need the help of the big Under The Covers Guys like Ray or Ken or Kim (or whomever) that can give you some things to try to rebuild or reindex or whatever is appropriate to recover your projects.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSObjects is the control that delivers objects to DataStage clients that allow them to open and maintain connections, invoke code on the server and, in general, do all the things they do that require a connection.

Definitely sounds like an incomplete installation.
Try uninstalling. When this is unsuccessful, click on the Details button and record the names of the offending DLLs. Then re-boot before installing the DataStage client software again (so that the DLLs definitely aren't in memory), and re-boot after installing (it's the Microsoft way of doing things!) so that old versions are definitely replaced.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raj_cipher
Participant

Post by raj_cipher »

Hi ,

Atlast solved the Pblm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If v by-pass the user name,Password authentication while logging in to DS we get this error.
If v give those stuffs and proceed v r able to save it.

I don't understand wat diff. it makes. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think Ahead,
Raj.D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wdudek
Participant

Post by wdudek »

I had a problem a couple of months ago where after we were hit by a virus, several dll's were corrupted. I believe that after running the fix from microsoft the problem went away. I had to contact Ascential to resolve the issue, but unfortunately I can't remember exactly what they had me do.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For that kind of thing it's usually simplest to just reinstall the Client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
wdudek
Participant

Post by wdudek »

re-installing the client didn't resolve the problem, it had something to do with a dll that either wasn't removed/over written, or was a windows dll.