need Datastage license key ( windows 2000 )

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsfan2004
Participant

need Datastage license key ( windows 2000 )

Post by dsfan2004 »

msg deleted
Last edited by dsfan2004 on Tue May 25, 2004 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You are trolling for a lawsuit. No matter how nicely you promise, you are violating the software licensing agreement. Ascential does NOT offer a developer license for individuals such as yourself, so therefore your request cannot be fulfilled. You jeopardize this forum as a participant in facilitating your request.

If Vincent doesn't remove your post I'd be surprised. Also, I would guess you will be receiving an email from the legal folks over at Ascential.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

This isn't Visual Basic, you can't tinker with it at home and become an expert, you need to use it at work alongside experts or to go on advanced training courses to learn how it works. This isn't Doom, you can't download it from the web or get your mates to burn you a copy, it is expensive enterprise software with strict development and production licensing.

Do the right thing, stay back late at work and play with it there, don't pirate it at home and don't go telling the Ascential community that you want to take part in pirating.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I concur 100% with the previous responses.

However, if you can make a case that you're likely to purchase a license, Ascential may be prepared to issue a 30 day evaluation license.

After the 30 days are up, all you have to do is fork over the US$100000 or so that a license costs (actual price depends on a number of factors), and they'll issue a permanent license.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Editor

Post by Editor »

There will be no 'favers" here. As editor, I have decided to leave this post in place so EVERYONE can see, the powers to be at this form DO NOT SUPPORT THIS REQUEST OR BEHAVIOR. We are a proud group that take our skills seriously. We provide excellent advice to the newcomers to this product that we ourselves had to learn the hard way, since the forum wasn't around back then.

To dsfan2004 and anyone else that might consider this a place for such activity, I will shut the forum down before I get us involved in anything that violates or undermines the value of the collective group and the products we serve.

I would appreciate your having your acceptance of this fact posted here or I will ask the community to refrain from answering any further posts of yours.

Editor
1stpoint
Participant

Tan Q

Post by 1stpoint »

I concur. Let's keep the integrity of the DataStage development community in tact.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
100% with you guys :!:
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
sivatallapaneni
Participant

Post by sivatallapaneni »

I'm totally with u guys.