how to kill a DS process

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to kill a DS process

Post by jreddy »

Guys, i need your help on another issue.

For some reason, one of my server processes took forever to run and since its more than obvious that its hung, i decided to kill that process. Becoz all of us are using same userid's, i couldn't decide which one of the processes was mine, so asked everyone to close client connections and killed all the slave processes. But, the job still shows up as RUNNING in the director and i cannot compile it or stop it.

Do you guys know what can be done other than bouncing it (ready to do that if required, but trying to find out why this kind of thing happens). I also tried the 'Clean up resources' option, but though it shows up in the Locks part of the dialog box, the options for logout or release are all grayed out (i enabled the job administration from Director in Administrator)

Any suggestions for me?
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: how to kill a DS process

Post by raju_chvr »

Try to get the PID from Administrator->command-?DS.TOOLS and
kill that from UNIX..

IHTH
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Just clear the Status file from the Director client. Since you did a kill, the job has not been able to go to its status file and say it's not running anymore.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle