multiple inputs to transformer stage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

multiple inputs to transformer stage?

Post by jreddy »

Guys,

I have a situation where i am using an Oracle Enterprise stage with a user defined SELECT query which will read selected input values and pass them on to a transformer stage. In this SELECT query, i have a subquery which will return a standard value for each job run, and since i have combined it with the rest part of query, it will be executed for every input record. It is only logical that since it is standard for one job run, i want to take it out separately and design it in such a way that it executes only once.
Please suggest how i can get this done. This value has to be input to the transformer as well along with the records that are resultant from the bulky SELECT query in the Oracle Enterprise Stage. In case of server jobs, i would just use an ODBC stage and select user-defined sql, and get the output of that query as a reference input to the transformer. I am looking for such an alternative in Parallel jobs as well.

Thanks in advance
ogmios
Participant

Re: multiple inputs to transformer stage?

Post by ogmios »

Keep the solution you have. :wink:

If you're not using a correlated subquery which I assume you don't - for a fixed value per job - then that piece of SQL code gets only executed once.

Ogmios