One row missing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aruna_peri
Participant

One row missing

Post by aruna_peri »

One row is missing in every load. If I load 101 rows then only 100 rows are loaded. The other one record is neither in error log/rejected file nor in Final Table. ( Initially thought the first row of the file is treated as header line so its not reading but I have not mentioned anything like that because there is no header line for the file.) What could be the reason. The job is server job.
jib
Participant

Re: One row missing

Post by jib »

I am just guessing that you might have missed the new line character at the end of last line in the source file.
aruna_peri wrote:One row is missing in every load. If I load 101 rows then only 100 rows are loaded. The other one record is neither in error log/rejected file nor in Final Table. ( Initially thought the first row of the file is treated as header line so its not reading but I have not mentioned anything like that because there is no header line for the file.) What could be the reason. The job is server job.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

aruna_peri wrote:Initially thought the first row of the file is treated as header line so its not reading but I have not mentioned anything like that because there is no header line for the file.
Have to ask - ok, there is no header record in the file, but is the 'First line is column names' option on the 'Format' tab in the Sequential file stage checked? That would consistantly throw away the first record in your file.

Speaking of which, any idea which record is missing? First or last?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Also, check in Job Properties if you have Row Buffering enabled. Enabling this option, albeit a performance enhancement, has lead to strange errors for us on Version 6 on HP, like dropping a row or processing a row twice (really). Disabling it solved our problem.
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's the last record that's missing, check that the last record in the file has a line terminator (end-of-line marker).
Open the file with a text editor, and position to end of the file. If this is the end of the final line, add an end-of-line (that is, go into insert mode and press Enter). File the result.
If end-of-file is the line following the last line of data, then something else is the problem. Is "first line is header" checked on the Format tab? In this case, whether or not the first line is, in fact, column headings, line number 1 will not be processed. If the first line is actually data, make sure that this check box is cleared.
Finally, check that your job run limit is not set to 100. :oops:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
GIDs
Participant

Post by GIDs »

[quote="aruna_peri"]One row is missing in every load. If I load 101 rows then only 100 rows are loaded. The other one record is neither in error log/rejected file nor in Final Table. ( Initially thought the first row of the file is treated as header line so its not reading but I have not mentioned anything like that because there is no header line for the file.) What could be the reason. The job is server job.[/quote

Most probably you have checked the "First Line is Column Names" check box on the "Format" tab of your Sequential File Stage. Try unchecking !!!
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
I also had the similiar problem.
I set the ARRAY SIZE = 1 and TRANSACTION SIZE = 1 in the input tab of ORACI8 stage.
Earlier the ARRAY SIZE was = 500
By changing Array Size = 1 , it got resolved.

Ketfos
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Uncheck "first line as column names"

Regards