Designer ReposBrowser hiding stuff

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tomengers
Participant

Designer ReposBrowser hiding stuff

Post by tomengers »

Hi Folks ...

In the Designer I open a Transform Stage and rt-clk an integer field called trn_skey, choose Edit Derivation, then rt-clk and choose DS Routine. What I want is KeyMgtGetNextValueConcurrent, but it is not visible. I can see it in the Browser, and I can see it in Manager, but it is not available here. So maybe it needs a compile, so I pull it up, but the Compile choice is grayed out. But if I make a copy of it, I can compile it and my "copy" is now visible in Designer, but I can't delete the original (and rename my copy) cause it is READ ONLY. What has made all my Routines READ ONLY? I might add that this is a new project and most of this stuff is being used for the first time. I understand the need to compile, but why has it defaulted to READ ONLY and how do I defeat it?

thanks ...

... tom
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your problem is a precedence issue. If both a Transform and a Routine exist with the same name, DataStage won't show you the Routine in that derivation picker as the Transform takes precedence.

I believe that all of the 'sdk' routines are delivered read only. If you want to make changes to them, do as you have been doing and make a copy of them first, then change (and use) the copy. Best to move them to a new category as part of that process as well - typically one called 'Custom'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tomengers
Participant

Post by tomengers »

Craig ...

AaaHaaaa!!! Thank you. Did not realize that the Transform called the Routine and that the Transform is what I should be using. :lol:

... tom