Executing CleanUp from Control-M

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cecilia
Participant

Executing CleanUp from Control-M

Post by cecilia »

Hi all
I was looking for in the forum, but I couldn't find information. Sorry if I would be reiterating.
I want to run periodically a Clean Up of the project, scheduled from Control-M (as we do with dsjob), does somebody know the command line?
Besides, do you know how do that with DS.REINDEX ALL in order doesn't ask for NEXT input?
And at last, does Clean Up perform a DS.REINDEX ALL command inside?
Thanks for your help.
Cecilia
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A cleanup project does do a re-index, but there's no command line interface to the "cleanup project" capability.

You can, however, get to the DS.REINDEX ALL via the uv command on a command line interface. Supply the "Press any key" responses from /dev/null (UNIX) or .NUL (Windows) using redirection onto stdin. For example (assuming your PATH is set up correctly)

Code: Select all

uv "DS.REINDEX ALL" < /dev/null
or

Code: Select all

uv "DS.REINDEX ALL" < .NUL
On Windows there is a .NUL file in every folder.

:!: You should have exclusive access to the project to rebuild the repository indices. This is why the Administrator client is to be preferred; it does in fact perform that check before beginning.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.