Upgrade to Version 7

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

Upgrade to Version 7

Post by JDionne »

Im about to get my support contract sighned (finaly) so i will be able to d/l version 7 from the support site. I need to know from others who have migrated about the ease of it (or lack there of) In therie i should just be able to make a backup of my jobs and rund the install. Is this the best practice or should i uninstall version 6 before installing version 7? Love some feed back on this
Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Do an archive search for Upgrade and you will see a few threads on the upgrade to version 7. No real issues to worry about, a pretty easy upgrade. A good idea to export your projects first.
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Post by shawn_ramsey »

vmcburney wrote:Do an archive search for Upgrade and you will see a few threads on the upgrade to version 7. No real issues to worry about, a pretty easy upgrade. A good idea to export your projects first.
Thre our of the four upgrade we did went without a hitch. The one that failed required a messy delete of the old server and a fresh install and import. We also ran into issue with a collector going directly into a SQL Bulk load. We just added a transform between the collector and the bulk load and it worked fine.
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

Just to close this post...I successfully upgreaded to version 7 in about an hour and a half with no problems.
Jim
anupam
Participant

Post by anupam »

Infact we have also upgraded to version 7 for testing, Just wanted to know the Performance Analysis of Version 7
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

anupam wrote:Infact we have also upgraded to version 7 for testing, Just wanted to know the Performance Analysis of Version 7
I dont realy see much improvment in performance...I do see alot of improvment in usability of the tool. so in a sence that does help performance, its faster to create jobs now.
Jim