Connection Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roy
Participant

Connection Problem

Post by roy »

Hi yall,
I have something wierd here.
I have win2k with both server & client, for testing and playground.
it worked out fine, after a few weeks that I left it alone (services down + manual) I can't connect via the client, getting wrong user/password.
using the telnet I can with the same user logto the project.
tried granting permissions to the user ( yes it was already existing )
but nothing works.
I reinstalled the server and in the same situation (probably should have reinstalled the client as well :( )

any ideas?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

well since no response I uninstalled and reinstalled now it works again
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Windows can be pernickety about your user identification. Did you try a qualified user name, for example machine\user or domain\user ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

All Windows operators I know shut down and reboot their Windows Clients and Windows Servers at least once a week. In their oppinion it is the best way of keep them running.

Wolfgang
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

WoMaWil wrote:All Windows operators I know shut down and reboot their Windows Clients and Windows Servers at least once a week. In their oppinion it is the best way of keep them running.
Funny. My crusty ol' Windows NT just keep on chugging along for weeks at a time with very few crashes -- particular to SQL Navigator which IMHO is one VERY poorly constructed piece of crap code... Poor design, poor user interface and all. But it sure is a powerful tool when it works.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
sdevashis
Participant

I have faced it before

Post by sdevashis »

Hi,
Make sure that the loging that you used to install the software is the login with which you are trying to login.

Go to the services and check for the account information that you are tying to start the service with. If your service is running then try loggin in with username and password that the service is running on...KEEP OMIT username and PASSWORD away.....

If you uninstall and reinstall, then take it slowly....restart the machine after uninstall as the service doesnt get removed immidiately. Restart and then install again. After installation is over restart.

Hope thsi helps.
/*Devashis*/