DataStage Documentation Tool

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedummy
Participant

DataStage Documentation Tool

Post by datastagedummy »

Is there anyway to do documentation of the Existing DataStage jobs I have seen the Manager's -> Reporting Assistant what I am more interested in is something that can give me a flow of logic like a flowchart.

Thanks
1stpoint
Participant

no

Post by 1stpoint »

What you would need to do is a "screen shot" in Designer of each DataStage Job. The Documentation Tool will update it's repository tables of Job information but not the logic.
Teej
Participant

Re: DataStage Documentation Tool

Post by Teej »

datastagedummy wrote:Is there anyway to do documentation of the Existing DataStage jobs I have seen the Manager's -> Reporting Assistant what I am more interested in is something that can give me a flow of logic like a flowchart.

Thanks
Something like that is under development and should be coming to you soon (7.1, maybe - according to AscentialWorld). There will be a printout of the full listing of job's details (metadata) along with the visual diagram of the job itself in HTML (or XML?) format.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).