How to configure DB2 remote database in PX environment

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

PX installed in DataStage 6.0 and we have configured DB2 remote database in DS server. But the problem that we are facing is very strange. We could connect to DB2 remote databases when we create server job but we could not connect to the same remote databases when we create PX job.

Have requested support to help us but at the same time posting this question in the forum would help us to resolve the problem.

please share your ideas, which will enlighten to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards
Saravanan
bigpoppa
Participant

Post by bigpoppa »

Do you have the administrator's manual for PX? Setting up DB2 for PX is different than setting up DB2 for DataStage Server. After reviewing the manual, please write back.

- BP
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have no such document (Have dsadmgde.pdf and nothing is being mentioned about db2 connection in PX). Would you be able to send it to me? So that i can go thru that and i will come back to you if i have any queries.

Regards
Saravanan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should have all the manuals on your DataStage client CD. The base set of manuals (including Parallel Job Developer's Guide) installs with the client software, in a folder called Docs - unless you do a custom install omitting them.
The remainder are in the Packages folder.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.