OraOCI9 stage : accessing Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

girishoak
Participant

OraOCI9 stage : accessing Oracle

Post by girishoak »

Hi Kenneth,

Before posting a topic on Oraoci9, I searched the topic for OraOci9 connectivity. I found the following topic
viewtopic.php?t=85123&highlight=oraoci9

In which, you have mentioned that we have to settings in dsenv file, what kind of settings do we need to do to access Oracle 9 from this stage.

I have the desired tnsentry in my tnsnames.ora file, that is, I can connect to Oracle by logging on the unix server (where my datastage resides). But can not access Oracle from OCI stage. getting an error ORA-12154.

Please guide.

Thanks

Girish Oak
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you looked up the error code -12154 in the Oracle codes and messages manual?
This is a useful resource, as it contains not only the meaning of the code but also (often) possible remedial action.
The dsenv file sets environment variables for all DataStage processes, including executable jobs and agent processes of DataStage clients. In the dsenv script you should therefore set any environment variables required by Oracle, such as ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID (if you use it) and so on. You also need to alter the shared library search path variable (variously named, for example LD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIB_PATH) and the executable search path variable (PATH) so that they permit Oracle client software to be accessed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This is all spelled out in the readme for the server. If you still need help, when you come back make sure you mention exactly which flavor of UNIX you are running as that can make slight differences when configuring for the OCI9 plugin.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers