Can I use two diff port nos connect to different Oracle SIDs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aklal
Participant

Can I use two diff port nos connect to different Oracle SIDs

Post by aklal »

We have 2 projects running on the same datastage box version 5.2. Both connect to different Oracle_SID's on diferent Oracle hosts. Connecting through ORAOCI is not a problem for both the projects to their respective SID's.
One project uses default port number as 1521
Other uses Default Port Number as 1530.
Now I want to connect through ODBC for both the SID's.
Have edited odbc.ini file for both the port numbers and also the corresponding uvodbc.config file. It shows the available connect strings in the drop down after that, but throws error once clicked on that to import something. the error is:
Client[ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
I do not have any clue for rectifying it. As it is necessary to do so, any help is appreciated.
Regards :(
Alok
1stpoint
Participant

tnsnames

Post by 1stpoint »

[ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
This sounds like an odbc configuration issue. Is the entry for the target defined in the odbc.config?
aklal
Participant

Post by aklal »

Yes the entry has been made properly to the uvodbc.config file.
I get the COnnect String Name but when I click and give the password to import it throws the error.
Please help
Alok
lebos
Participant

Post by lebos »

Remember that the uvodbc.config file might have copies in each project's directory as well as one in $DSHOME. If so, the one in the project's directory is the one that will be used, ignoring the one in $DSHOME.

Larry
aklal
Participant

Post by aklal »

Larry,
The uvodbc.config is done in both the places, and the one in the $DSHOME and the Project directory are identical. But do not know why it does'nt work.
Anyone having any clue.
Please help
Alok
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Alok,

you have to follow three steps:

Step (1):

check dsenv if you have a ODBCINI=xxx; export ODBCINI
where xxx is going to the file ".odbc.ini" in your dshome-directory

Step (2):

edit the file ".odbc.ini" in your dshome-directory and add an entrance for each of your ODBC-source. In the file you find a sample of the how-to.

Step (3):

edit the file uvodbc.config in each of your project-directories and refer to the source with the same name as you did in ".odbc.ini".

Some people say, that you only have to change the uvodbc.config in dshome. If you do so, and you have more than one ODBC-source, only the first you touch is used and copied into the projectdirectory.

Another way is to establish a link to the uvodbc.config in each project-directory to the uvodbc.conifg in the dshome-directory.

To check if ODBC is correctly installed on your Server you should use:
ivtestlib <LIBNAME>
in the directory (dshome)/../branded_odbc/lib.

If you have followed all step ODBC will work for sure.

Wolfgang