New to me...Old to you

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

New to me...Old to you

Post by JDionne »

Ok...I did something that I probably shouldnt have...I restarted my DS server while a job was running...It had aborted so I didnt even look to see if it had cleaned itself up. now I cant get it out of the Running state. How do I change the state of the job?
Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
Vipin
Participant

Post by Vipin »

You can search the forum.
This has been discussed earlier.

Kim has given wonderfull tricks with TCL , doing so.

Regards,
Manoj
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
you can use clear ststus file via director (needs the allow administration in director option turned on, in your DS administrator set it)

another way would be to use DS.TOOLS to find the lock and release it.
(load your DS environment configuration, run the uv in the DSEngine/bin then type: LOGTO <project> <hit enter key>
DS.TOOLS <hit enter key>
you'll get a text menu, choose the lock administration, option 5, then use options 1,4&7 to get lock ids and release them p.s. sometimes option 4 cuts the process id so option 1 would give the full number)

Be Aware it is imperative to know what your doing this is hazardous stuff if you don't know what your doing !!!!!
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Teej
Participant

Re: New to me...Old to you

Post by Teej »

JDionne wrote:Ok...I did something that I probably shouldnt have...I restarted my DS server while a job was running...It had aborted so I didnt even look to see if it had cleaned itself up. now I cant get it out of the Running state. How do I change the state of the job?
Jim
Jim --

Before you restart your server next time, do the following steps:
(Note, this is my knowledge based on Tru64, and may be slightly different on your operating system.)

1. Check to make sure nobody's connected to it.

Code: Select all

netstat -a |grep dsr
(There should only be a LISTEN and nothing else)

2. Check to make sure no job is running.

ps -ef |grep DSD.
(If there's a DSD.RUN or something like that, it would usually point you toward the actual job that is being run. Stop it the normal way via Director).

After stopping DataStage, you need to confirm that the daemon is dead.

ps -ef |grep dsrpcd
If it is still there, have Root kill it. You can NOT properly start DataStage without this being closed.

Just a few tips for administrating DataStage. Again, this works for Tru64, other OS may have different parameters you would use.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).