Metadata Mismatch in ODBC Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bapajju
Participant

Metadata Mismatch in ODBC Stage

Post by bapajju »

Hi,
I am extracting data from teradata database using ODBC stage.One field is specified as Decimal (8) in the ODBC and the same field has the Metadata in Teradata as the same Decimal (8). But when I do a view data on the ODBC stage,it gives an error saying Metadata Mismatch Expected=8 Actual=18.I can not understand why it is saying that the actual length is 18.Please suggest.While running the job it throws warnings.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Duplicate post. Please go back and delete the other one (with no replies).

A metadata mismatch is a warning, rather than an error. It indicates that the metadata in your job design does not match the metadata in the table being referred to. In one place the length (precision) is 8, in the other it is 18. Change your DataStage job so that the precision matches exactly what the warning message claims is the precision in the database and the message will no longer appear.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.