transaction log full

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sdevashis
Participant

transaction log full

Post by sdevashis »

Hi,
While running job on a production environment. I am getting a error like below..I can visualize that something is happening worng in DB2.

[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0964C The transaction log for the database is full. SQLSTATE=57011

Can anybody help me out on this.
/*Devashis*/
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

No one here can you. You must contact your database team and have them rectify the situation.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
1stpoint
Participant

Post by 1stpoint »

The message is somewhat self explanatory. It's a database issue in that the Transaction Log is full. Have the DBA's investigate.
sdevashis
Participant

Post by sdevashis »

Can I do something like Autocommit or something which will commit the records ater certain interval....I guess the problem is coming because everything is getting into buffer and not getting commited. AGAIN THIS IS MY PEROSNAL VIEW AND I AM NOT SURE.
/*Devashis*/
1stpoint
Participant

Post by 1stpoint »

You're commit options are limited with ODBC. Is there a native/open client cabability?
sdevashis
Participant

No

Post by sdevashis »

I guess no, I am using the ODBC driver provided by IBM. Well I am taking another trial. On the Target on Transaction ISolation, I have set the option to auto Commit.(Last tab on ODBC stage).

Waiting for that 46,000 record limit to passby where it failed last time.
/*Devashis*/
Vipin
Participant

Post by Vipin »

Devashish,

These things will not work.

Transaction logs has a tendency to log every transaction taking place on the database.
I am giving you two solutions that work very well.

1) You truncate the transaction log of the database ,before running your transaction and change the recovery option to not log on the transaction log.
2) You ensure that enough disk space is there on which your transaction log exists.

You can tell me if anything else you want to know.

Regards,
Manoj
sdevashis
Participant

Solved

Post by sdevashis »

Guys,
Thanks for the replies, but I discovered that setting the target to Auto-commit solves the problem of transaction log full.
/*Devashis*/