SiGSEGV error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sachinc
Participant

SiGSEGV error

Post by sachinc »

I am getting the error "SiGSEGV error", while I compile my job. My job has a transformer stage with some functions (like stringtoDate).

Has anyone got this error before ? Any pointers will help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SIGSEGV is UNIX talk for "segmentation violation signal", which signals that your application has tried to access a memory address that it does not own.

:lol: Your "any pointers will help" was therefore very amusing! Memory is accessed through pointers in the underlying code.

Is this problem reproducible, or did it only occur once? If it's reproducible, then there may be a problem in the parallel job compiler.

One thing you might try is making a slight change to the job (maybe adding zero to an integer), just to shift the memory allocation of the generated code, see if the problem recurs, then change it back and see if the problem has gone away.

If not, it's time to contact your support provider, as you may have encountered a bug that occurs with just your particular combination of components.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.