Erros while migrating to DS Version 7.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkothana
Participant

Erros while migrating to DS Version 7.0

Post by pkothana »

Hi All,
Is there any pointer to see the common precautions/errors that can occur while migrating from DS Version 6.1 to DS Version 7.0?
In Ver 6.1 i exportd all the jobs. And now I've migrated to Ver 7.0 and imported all my jobs.

I'm facing a problem in one of my job which uses Change Capture Stage. In the Output Tab of Change Capture Stage, I can not see the mappings in mapping tab.
It is giving me an error "Unable to register the grid OLE drop target".

What can be the cause for this and how can we resolve the same?
Is it the problem with Version 7.0 or the .dsx file is currupted? Can anybody help me in this regard?

Thank & Regards
Pinkesh
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

I saw the same error in the aggregator stage after the upgrade to DS7, I opened a case with the support but after a while the problem disapeared ... so i can not give you a solution but I can give you hope :wink:

Do you see the Change Capture Stages in the manager ?
Try to export/import without executables.
Teej
Participant

Re: Erros while migrating to DS Version 7.0

Post by Teej »

Did you attempt a "Force Compile" on that job?

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It really looks like a client error such as an ActiveX component not registered correctly. You can confirm this with Ascential support but I'd start by reinstalling the client on your machine or trying it from another machine. Another thing to try is to create a new server job and put the change data capture stage in this job and try to look at the properties. If you get the error there then you know it has nothing to do with the conversion process.