ds_loadlibrary error in windows 2000 when access Oracle 9i

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

azens
Premium Member
Premium Member

ds_loadlibrary error in windows 2000 when access Oracle 9i

Post by azens »

I have a simple job loading data from text file into oracle table. If I run this job by a user account with administrator privilege, everything is fine. But if I run this job by a user account WITHOUT administrator privilige, an error message shows up:

ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of oraoci9.dll - Access is denied.

I granted all the privileges of oraoci9.dll to the user who runs this job but the same error comes out. I'd like to modify dsenv such as what I did in Unix but there's no dsenv file in Windows platform. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Thanks for help a lot first.

regards,
Azens
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Azens,

You can refer to tech tip - T30879701 on the Ascential services site and it describes the use of a tool (exe) within Visual Studio named "depends.exe". Depends.exe displays in gui format all the libraries and module dependencies that a dll needs to load. Any modules or libraries that cannot be loaded will be displayed in red or yellow.

Regards,

Michael Hester
azens
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by azens »

Hi Michael,

I found the dependacy of OCI.DLL and grant it to the user who runs DataStage, then it works. Thanks for your kind help.

regards,
Azens