Problem with Full Outer Join

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkothana
Participant

Problem with Full Outer Join

Post by pkothana »

Hi
It is required to merge three files using Full Outer Join.
I am able to do full outer join on two files. But when I give the output of this join to the second join for merging the third file, the Job aborts with the following error:

main_program: Requirements Failure: Destination "rightRec.rightRec_Temp_ID" already bound

Appreciate if anybody can throw light on this.

Thanks & Regards
Pinkesh
clshore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by clshore »

I have encountered situations in PX where I had to rename data elements downstream to avoid what appeared to be 'name collision' error messages like that.
It's also possible that Runtime Column Propagation is contributing to the error, as I believe that this makes the namespace global to all stages in a job.
So as a test, put a transformer between merge1 and merge2, renaming as required (append '1' to each column name?), and see what happens.
Also check the RCP settings at the stage, job, and project level.

Hope this helps some,

Carter
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

You could cheat and use a copy stage to do the same thing. 7.0 would have the Modify stage to replace the transform stage.

Turn off column propagation unless you plans to use it. Despite what Ascential Consultants (Mike Carney among them) would strongly recommend, I would suggest staying away from it until you come across reasons to turn it on (either for a stage, or for a job.)

Other than that, go with what Carter suggested.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).