Parameter File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Peytot
Participant

Parameter File

Post by Peytot »

Hi,

When I create a new project, where can I found the default file for the global variable like $PATH, $TMPDIR and the User Defined ?

Thanks

Pey
hgalusha
Participant

Re: Parameter File

Post by hgalusha »

Peytot wrote:Hi,

When I create a new project, where can I found the default file for the global variable like $PATH, $TMPDIR and the User Defined ?

Thanks

Pey
Pey,

$PATH, $TMPDIR (syncsort?), and other environment specifications are usually in the dsenv file in $dshome. The UNIX id that administers DataStage (dsadm) should source the dsenv in its .profile, then when the DSEngine is brought up, it inherits all of these.

Hope this helps.

-Howard
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

Thank you Howard,

You are true, the variables $PATH, $TMPDIR used for syncsort.

Regards,

Pey
hgalusha
Participant

Post by hgalusha »

Pey,

Also, make sure that your id's source the dsenv file as well....that way, when you open up a shell session through telnet or ssh, you pick up the environment the same way that DataStage does...invaluable for troubleshooting, and nice to maintain that stuff in one place (dsenv) rather than a bunch of individual's .profiles.

-Howard
neena
Participant

Re: Parameter File

Post by neena »

Peytot wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Pey
Hi,
you can view these datastage variable through administrator. If you choose project properties General tab you can find a button Environment... when you click that you cansee the variable and the default values and at the same time you can also add some user defined variables aslo

Hope this will help you.
------------------
Neena
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I really like this feature in version 7.0. Much safer viewing and setting DataStage specific environment variables in the Administrator rather than poking around in the dsenv file directly. I also like the log message whenever a job runs showing all environment variable settings.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You may like it in 7.0, but it has been doing it that way since the 6.x release. :) Unless they've made it more better in 7?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers