Before Load Statments

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

Before Load Statments

Post by JDionne »

I am running a flat file into a SQL server table using a SQL server bulk load stage. In this stage there is an option to put in a bit of sql code before the job imports data. In that line I have put:
delete dbo.STG_JOC_TBL where direction = 'E'
After I inserted that line of code and increased the job timeout limit to 240 seconds I started getting the phantom error 632. After I change nothing and recompile and re run I get the phantom error 764. After a third run I get the phantom error 768.
Any Ideas how I can track this thing down if my errors keep changing?
Jim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I doubt you are getting "phantom error 768", more likey an error in phantom 768... which is why it is changing.

Have you looked into the '&PH&' directory in your project? (I'm assuming it's named the same on Windows as it is on Unix) There should be phantom entries in there corrresponding to the errors you are getting. Drill into those and it should help you figure out what's going wrong.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jim

You may need a ; at the end of your delete statement. You maybe running out of rollback space. Can you tell SQL server to commit every 1000 records? Another option is make sure you have an index on the direction field in the where clause. This will speed up the delete.

Kim.
Mamu Kim
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

chulett wrote:I doubt you are getting "phantom error 768", more likey an error in phantom 768... which is why it is changing.

Have you looked into the '&PH&' directory in your project? (I'm assuming it's named the same on Windows as it is on Unix) There should be phantom entries in there corrresponding to the errors you are getting. Drill into those and it should help you figure out what's going wrong.
Im having some odd problems with my nic on the server and that seems to be my issues. Thanx for the help
Jim