RPC Daemon not running(81016)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iajay
Participant

RPC Daemon not running(81016)

Post by iajay »

Hi all,
I ve installed client & server on windows 2000.
When i am trying to open Designer..(after giving these details host name,user id,password) then it gives this error
RPC Daemon is not running(81016)[/b]It gives this when i try to select the project name.
Any ideas what should i do.
warm regards,
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

iajay

Under the control panel there is a DataStage icon. You can start and stop DataStage with it. Your DataStage services are not running. Also under services you can set these services to run automatically. There are 2 service which start with "DataStage" and "DSRPC Service". Make sure these are set to automatic.

Kim.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sometimes just the DS RPC service fails to start.
You can stop and start the individual services by choosing the Services applet within Control Panel (you may need to drill down into Administrative Tools to find it - its icon is a pair of meshed cog wheels).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
AndrewWebbUK
Participant

Re: RPC Daemon not running(81016)

Post by AndrewWebbUK »

iajay wrote:Hi all,
I ve installed client & server on windows 2000.
When i am trying to open Designer..(after giving these details host name,user id,password) then it gives this error
RPC Daemon is not running(81016)[/b]It gives this when i try to select the project name.
Any ideas what should i do.
warm regards,
are you using 'omit' or putting the username and password in... also check there are no win2k or other telnet systems running, and that you dont have any local firewalls blocking it... I've seen some 'funnies' on ibm's machines when they get this problem (it was a mix of the ports being used by a telnet server they were using on the machines..)

also as said here check that the service physically is running..

this error message can actually mean quite a few things
Andrew Webb
Principal SE Ascential UK

www.ascential.com