Create New Table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

Create New Table

Post by JDionne »

I have a flat file that I want to import into a SQL server. I have defined the flat file threw manager. How do I get it to make the table automatacly?
Jim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The target table on the SQL Server side? That would typically be as simple as checking off the "Create Table" in the stage you use to write to the target.

For SQL Server - assuming you are using ODBC - the "General" tab of the "Input" section has a check box labelled "Create table in target database". Select it and a new tab called "Edit DDL" will show up. This is where the "create table" DDL gets built and run by the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

Yup u are right i found it. Thanx
Jim

chulett wrote:The target table on the SQL Server side? That would typically be as simple as checking off the "Create Table" in the stage you use to write to the target.

For SQL Server - assuming you are using ODBC - the "General" tab of the "Input" section has a check box labelled "Create table in target database". Select it and a new tab called "Edit DDL" will show up. This is where the "create table" DDL gets built and run by the job.