Relative path in DS?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Relative path in DS?

Post by raju_chvr »

I want to achieve relative paths in DS for the Sequential file stage. is this possible. I need this as the directory structure is different in my dev and prod areas.

and another question is that where can I change the parent/root directory for DS on the DS server. In my case the DS is sitting on top of Windows OS.

thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm assuming "relative paths" would be relative to the current project. However, IMHO, you really don't want to do that. Instead, simple set a job parameter for the Sequential file stage's directory. Change its default value when you promote to production (or look it up dynamically).

On the root directory issue... a) not sure what you mean (like $dshome on Unix?) and b) why?

-craig
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

raju_chvr

I use relative paths all the time like put all source sequential files in sourceseq. Craig is right. The paths are always relative to the project directory.

You could probably move DataStage's home directory by editing a bunch registry entries but just reinstall. It would be faster and safer.

Kim.

Kim Duke
DsWebMon - Monitor DataStage over the web
www.Duke-Consulting.com