OCI has fetched truncated data?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

OCI has fetched truncated data?

Post by chulett »

Can anyone tell me what exactly this "warning" means? I have a job that pulled x rows from the source (Peoplesoft) and then stopped with this warning in its log, which I've never seen before.

I'm *guessing* it may be related to the last column selected - it is a freeform comment field defined as a large VARCHAR2 and I've seen some funky stuff in there. Is this something I can "trace"?

-craig
datastagedummy
Participant

Post by datastagedummy »

Could you post the warning message too ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That *is* the sum total of the warning message. "OCI has fetched truncated data". No other clues. And apparently it is pulling all of the rows, just not all of the data. Or so it seems.

-craig
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

even i am *guessing* that in the target OCI stage the column size is not enough to accomodate the data it is pulling from your PeopleSoft source. thats what atleast the warning looks like.

try this, allow 50 warnings for executing your job and also 20 rows in the limits of the job while executing it from Director and see whether it runs getting back some data for you and I am guessing that some warnings will be written to your log and you can check them to know which column is having the issue.

just a thought .. if this doesn't solve your problem lets see what gurus have to say !
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Arg! The "comment" column in question is actually a LONG in Peoplesoft... I hate LONGS. The job has it defined as a (too small) VARCHAR. Increasing the size of the VARCHAR got rid of the message.

Any good methods for handling LONG data types? For all I know, my significantly bumped VARCHAR might still be too darned small at some point.

-craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

VarChar(65535) ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Errr... thanks. [:o)]