Why ORAOCI 9 ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

badhri
Participant

Why ORAOCI 9 ?

Post by badhri »

Greetings,

We are using Data Stage 6.0.1 on Sun Solaris and the Prime Database we connect to is Oracle 9i. All our database operations are performed using the ORAOCI9 plug-in. But just thought of these things,

When I use a Update/Insert strategy in my update action the Plug-in generated a update and an insert script which is the common way of handkling this strategy. But with Oracle 9i in picture this can be achieved by the Merge/Upsert setup Right. If using OraOci9 plug-in doesn't do this the Why OraOci9 ?

See this is one scenario. I would also like to know if the ORAOCI9 os compatible to all the other Oracle 9i features?

Please advice if these are taken care in Datastage 7 :(

Thanks,
Badhri ...

Badhrinath Krishnamoorthy
www.cognizant.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Plug-in stages have their own versioning strategy, and do not depend on the DataStage version number. Plug-in stages written correctly according to the API are guaranteed to be forwards compatible. Right now I don't have access to a DataStage machine, perhaps someone with version 7 could post the version number of the ORAOCI9 stage that accompanies it, then Badhri could compare with his. (I don't expect any difference.)
Meanwhile, Badhri, why not post a DataStage enhancement request, either on this forum or via your support provider?

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518