DataStage installation - unattended ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kim Bundgaard
Participant

DataStage installation - unattended ?

Post by Kim Bundgaard »

Is it possible to give any parameters or a responsefile to the DataStage Client setup program - so I don't have to write the license-/authorization information.

I want to do an unattended DataStage installation.

/Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe so. On the UNIX side this is a very involved interactive shell script with much prompting before it actually starts the install. You might want to ask Ascential if an 'unattended' version exists.

-craig
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Kim

Why would you need such a thing? If all they need is Director then buy DsWebMon. You could have a web page with no installation on each client. Looks similar. If you are loading Designer then you should pay for each client and they are not cheap. I think 64 Director licenses are included with DataStage. DsWebMon is a product I sell.

Kim.

Kim Duke
DsWebMon - Monitor DataStage over the web
www.Duke-Consulting.com
Kim Bundgaard
Participant

Post by Kim Bundgaard »

Hi Kim (Duke)

I want to do it because I have a problem with DataStage Version Control (ActiveX error) - and Ascential Support ask me to uninstall/install the DataStage Client several times.

But I accept that the Windows setup.exe don't take any parameters, and I have to do the installation manually.

/Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Kim

I do not have an answer then. Sorry.

Kim.

Kim Duke
DsWebMon - Monitor DataStage over the web
www.Duke-Consulting.com