Installing XML Pack

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Installing XML Pack

Post by tonystark622 »

I had our administrators install the XML Pack 2.0.1 on our server (HP-UX v11, DataStage v6.0.1). They got error messages during each of the three parts of the install. They all followed the same basic format:
Changes made to project SCM:
Registering PlugIn xmlienu.sl.
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to mmap() failed - TEXT /appl/asc/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/xmlienu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Permission denied
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=/appl/asc/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/xmlienu.sl) Error Code=-2

The installer apparently checks to make sure that the user running the install is 'dsadm' and the ../DSEngine and ../DSEngine/lib directories are owned by 'dsadm'. The ../DSEngine/lib directory's permissions are 'drwxr-xr-x'. The ../DSEngine/lib/smlienu.sl file's permissions are '-r--r--r--' and it's owner and group are 'dsadm'.

Does anyone have any idea why this failed?

Another oddity is that when I view a table definition that I imported from an XML document, the table definition doesn't look like the documentation, it just looks like a regular table definition. There is nothing in there about XPath and the XPath info is in the comments column. I _did_ run the XML Pack Client install without any errors.

Also, when I try to run a simple job that reads a sequential file and writes an XML file, I get a fatal error : "PartInfoXMLOutput..PartInfoXML: No suitable "DSActiveStageC" object of type "XMLOutput" found"

I have no experience with XML, so it's certainly possible that I've gotten something messed up in my import or usage of these stages.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks for your help,
Tony