run Jobs via Telnet connect.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hello Oleg,

yes you can. Use the commandline-Interface with "dsjob".

You can do a lot of nice things with it.

Have a nice day

Wolfgang Huerter
=====================
Cologne, Germany
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Oleg

You can run a job with the dsjob command on UNIX or Windows. You can remote execute it with rsh. If you have telneted into your DataStage server then you can also run DSD.RUN from the DataStage engine command prompt called TCL.

You could also buy DsWebMon from Duke-Consulting.com and run it over the web. I am thinking about offering this as a service. Lets say you want web access for the holidays or a weekend. You get a auth code and install the server programs. All you would have to do is allow the port that DataStage needs to be route from your firewall to your DataStage server and it would work. You would not need to setup any web services. I would provide the host. If anyone would like this senerio then please let me know.

Kim.

Kim Duke
DsWebMon - Monitor over the web
www.Duke-Consulting.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

telnet is different on UNIX and Windows.

On UNIX, telnet is an operating system service, so you could use dsjob directly after connecting.

On Windows, telnet is a DataStage service (dstelnet), so you would need to escape to an operating shell to execute dsjob. For example:
DOS /C "dsjob ..."

As you say, if you're connected to a DataStage server on a Windows platform (or if you've entered the DataStage environment in a project on a UNIX platform), you can also use DSD.RUN.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518