(HashFiles) VOC file as a file definition record.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvkravi
Participant

(HashFiles) VOC file as a file definition record.

Post by nvkravi »

Does anybody pls let me know the following Error and How to rectify in Unix DS Server. Right now I am using DataStage 5.2 (WIN2000/Client) and DataStage 5.2 (Unix/Server)

Project:MTest (127.0.0.1)
Job name:jODSSampleSts
Event #:36
Timestamp:9/15/2003 8:34:15 AM
Event type:Warning
User:adm
jODSSampleSts..HSFPartSampleStatusODS1.LKPPartSampleStatusODS: DSD.UVOpen "LKPPartSampleStatusODS" is already in your VOC file as a file definition record.
File name =
File not created.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You are discovering the fun of allowing ETL work hash files to reside in the DataStage project directory. When you do not use explicitly pathed hash files, and instead use a project based hash file, DataStage puts an entry in an internal table (VOC) kind of like a synonym. When you blow away the physical components of the hash file, you are still left with the synonym in the VOC.

Please research this forum for discussions on the merits of directly pathing hash files. Otherwise, your solution is to remove the VOC entry. You will find that in numerous previous posts, as this is a common issue. Your solution will involve using DS Admin to run a TCL command for your project, and issue DELETE VOC "LKPPartSampleStatusODS" to remove the synonym. However, if there are other bits and pieces to the hash file, you will have to deal with removing them. You could have a dictionary file (D_LKPPartSampleStatusODS) in your project directory, you could have the hash file directory under the project still there, etc.

Kenneth Bland
nvkravi
Participant

Post by nvkravi »

Thanq Kenneth.
I will check it now in my Projectname folder.