Oracle error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Viswanath
Participant

Oracle error

Post by Viswanath »

Hi All,
I am using DS Ver 6.0. When i try to create a job and use Oracle 8 Stage, I get the following error.

..ORAOCI8_0: Table Name is a required link property for Link DSLink1
..ORAOCI8_0.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -2.

I have another strange problem. I created the job the first time and it was successful, this job still runs. But when I try to create any other job, I get the same error (When dealing with OraOCI8 stage only).

Any idea how this can be solved?

Cheers.

Viswanath.S
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess is that, somehow, you have managed to lose the table name from the link called DSLink1. This can happen when, for example, you switch to user-defined SQL and back again.
Open the stage called ORAOCI8_0, then open the link properties tab (probably called Outputs) and check there for the missing table name.
After typing in any value in any field, move to any other field before clicking OK; it seems to be the case that some stage developers don't update the design until the LostFocus event is triggered. Similarly, when editing any cell in a grid, make sure you move to another cell - preferably another row - in the grid before clicking OK.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
Viswanath
Participant

Post by Viswanath »

OK, I did what you told me to do, but I still face the same problem. Also The link from the ORAOCI stage is to a transformer. The name of the Link is "LINK1". In my job there is no DSLink1 anywhere!! How am I getting an error with this DSLINK1?

Any other inputs are surely welcome.

Cheers

Viswanath.S
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi Viswanath.S,

the new OCI-Stage in version 6.0 is a science for itself. If you don't follow the hand-by-hand way it is not easy. The interface has a nicer look but a much poorer functionality than its predessors. You have to be very, very tricky if you want to use any Parameters or any user-defined SQL.

So first delete all derivations in the column-section
Then use a fully-generated or a column-generated sql and fill in any table name (if you use user-defined, it doesn't matter what you write in you only have to write something in).

After that the user-defined should work.

Wolfgang Huerter
=====================
Cologne, Germany
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you can't get that to work, switch to the (old fashioned) grid style version of the GUI. To do this, select the ORAOCI8 stage, right mouse click and choose Grid Style from the pop-up menu. You can get closer to the user-defined SQL and more easily use parameters.

As to the link names, note the link names that are generated by DataStage as you design the job. Each has a generic identifier (such as DSLink, ORAOCI8_ and so on), followed by a unique integer sequencer. (This is how DataStage refers to job components "under the covers" even if you re-name the links and stages.)

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
Viswanath
Participant

Post by Viswanath »

Hi,

It now works. That was so strange. I have worked with Ver 5.1.2 and I faced absolutely no such problems! Is this a bug in ver 6.0?
Anyways thanks a lot for the help. I could not have figured this out.

Cheers

Viswanath.S