I don not see Palallel Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Chetan,

I suspect that Parallel Extender was not installed when the server was installed. Parallel extender doesn't not automatically get installed with DataStage server. If your company bought parallel extender, I believe that you can install it without wiping out your current DataStage jobs, etc., but I'm not sure of the procedure. You might want to check out the installation and upgrade guide, if you need help with that.

Hope this helps,
Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you install DataStage server, the first licensing screen handles the base product (server jobs, sequences and shared containers). A second licensing screen allows you to put in auth codes for PX and for mainframe. If you don't put anything in here, these components are not licensed.
To find out whether PX or MF is installed, open the Administrator client, open the Command window and issue the command CONFIG. The result should be something like:
Configuration data for license number 123456:
CPU limit = 8
User limit = 8
Expiry date= 01/01/2500
Warning licensing is in effect.
-DSPX package is installed.
Expiry date = 01/01/2500
-DSMF package is installed.
Expiry date = 01/01/2500

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518