Need DataStage Tutorials

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ekareem
Participant

Need DataStage Tutorials

Post by ekareem »

Hi Guys,
I took the DataStage course some time ago and I need to refresh my information about the product.
I would appreciate it if anyone can send me any useful materials (PDF, Doc, PPT).
Even if you think that what you have is not good - Send it!

Thanks much.
My email is:
ekareem@yahoo.com

[^]
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi Kareem,

In your Datastage CD you have Tutorial. You can install it and use it. Datastage has a help in its application itself which is handy. Also you have Datastage Doc's which comes along with your CD. Kindly refer it.

Cheers
Rasi
ekareem
Participant

Post by ekareem »

Thanks for your reply.

I am in a kind of an odd situation. I have no access to the product or the documentation at this point.
I need to get a quick refresher using the material you just mentioned or any other but I have NO ACCESS to any of that.

As you know there are no books to buy!

If you could zip and e-amil me any or all of the above that would be great.

Thanks.

EKAREEM
EKAREEM@YAHOO.COM
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

quote:Originally posted by ekareem
[br]If you could zip and e-amil me any or all of the above that would be great.

Unfortunately, we would be violating our licencing policy if we were to do that. Sorry.

-T.J.

... now if this can make breakfast, my life is complete.
chunsli
Participant

Post by chunsli »

I have sent you DS314Svr student exercises for your home work.

Have fun.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Ekareem,

Just because you do not have a license or own the product does not mean that you cannot buy the material (books) from Ascential. I have instructed many customers and non-customers to call Ascential and pay for the material. They will gladly take your CC and send you the books. I don't believe that they will send the tutorials since these are on the product CD's.

Regards,

Michael Hester
ekareem
Participant

Post by ekareem »

Thank you all for your help.
umamahes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi Can you plz sent me DS314Svr student exercises For me

Post by umamahes »

Hi can you plz send me DS314Svr student exercises for me also on my mail id. I really appricate your cooperation. My mail id is given below.

hanu2020@yahoo.com

Thanks
hanu
chunsli wrote:I have sent you DS314Svr student exercises for your home work.

Have fun.
HI
lakshmikanth.gubiligari
Participant

Post by lakshmikanth.gubiligari »

Hi can you plz send me DS314Svr student exercises to my mail id too. I really appricate your cooperation. My mail id is given below.

lakshmikanth.gubiligari@gmail.com
Regards,

Lakshmikanth Gubiligari,
Mob: 91-9440288933
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not only have you replied to a three year old thread but you've asked for something that is technically illegal for someone to provide you. :evil:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lakshmikanth.gubiligari
Participant

Post by lakshmikanth.gubiligari »

ok, I am sorry :(
Regards,

Lakshmikanth Gubiligari,
Mob: 91-9440288933
umamahes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Nice to see your mail craig

Post by umamahes »

Hi Craig, Nice to meet you in the mail but we are learners and we don't know how to get good stuff to study thats why I asked to provide. I don't know which is legal and which is not legal in Datastage but just asked practical examples. If i made mistake I'm very sorry.

thanks
hanu :)
chulett wrote:Not only have you replied to a three year old thread but you've asked for something that is technically illegal for someone to provide you. :evil:
:(
HI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I understand and sympathize... however, this isn't really a 'DataStage' issue. When you sign a license agreement with pretty much anyone, they prohibit you from distrubuting that software out to any other parties - and that typically includes training materials as well. Not that you won't find people who would do that, just know that it is technically not Kosher.

If as a learner you have access to the product, then you have access to the tutorials that ship with it. That and the pdf manuals as well. The only way to legimately get your hands on training material is to attend a class... that or have a heart-to-heart chat with your sales rep and see if they will supply you with one.

This site is another good resource as well. Read every post and you'll be amazed what kind of things you will learn. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
umamahes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks craig

Post by umamahes »

Thanks Craig for your kind reply. and I'm a good favorite for your articles.

thanks
hanu

chulett wrote:I understand and sympathize... however, this isn't really a 'DataStage' issue. When you sign a license agreement with pretty much anyone, they prohibit you from distrubuting that software out to any other parties - and that typically includes training materials as well. Not that you won't find people who would do that, just know that it is technically not Kosher.

If as a learner you have access to the product, then you have access to the tutorials that ship with it. That and the pdf manuals as well. The only way to legimately get your hands on training material is to attend a class... that or have a heart-to-heart chat with your sales rep and see if they will supply you with one.

This site is another good resource as well. Read every post and you'll be amazed what kind of things you will learn. :wink:
HI