Issue with Link collector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dlvsrinivas
Participant

Post by dlvsrinivas »

Hi All,

I have encountered the following error in one of my datastage server jobs using one Link Collector which results in abort when processing considerable number of records(>100). The same is working fine when processed a few records.

Warning:
"testjob..testIPItems.LCinToSalesItems1: ds_ipcopen() - Error in open(/tmp/projPractice.testjob..testIPItems) - No such file or directory"

error:
"testjob..Link_Collector: |Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.|"

Can anyone please help me in resolving this issue?

Regards,
Srinivas.
degraciavg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by degraciavg »

I have a friend who hit the same problem with Link Collector stage in DS6 (Server). He raised the issue to Ascential and it is a confirmed bug! [:(]

I suggest you also send your case to them so it will help raise the severity/priority level.

regards,
vladimir
bob_jones@ici.com
Participant

Post by bob_jones@ici.com »

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody has found a solution to this problem, or whether a bug fix has been issued, as I've just come across exactly the same problem while using DS 7.1.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

RJ
prasoon
Participant

Post by prasoon »

Whether anybody has found a solution to this problem, or whether a bug fix has been issued.
Regards,
Prasoon
nage_j
Participant

Re: Issue with Link collector

Post by nage_j »

prasoon wrote:Whether anybody has found a solution to this problem, or whether a bug fix has been issued.
Hi Guys,

I found the solution for this... In the job properties increase the Timeout value to 600 or more seconds. By default the timeout is 10 secs.
To process more records through interprocess stage Timeout value should to larger.

Cheers,
Nage