Can't stop a sequence/job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johnno
Participant

Can't stop a sequence/job

Post by johnno »

DataStage version 6.

Have a sequence that cntains a DSBasic job that has gone into an infinite loop. Yesterday and today I have sent numerous stop requests (for both the job and the sequence) to the server via Director but nothing happens. We shutdown and restarted the DataStage server this morning but the job is still running!

Any suggestions.
spracht
Participant

Post by spracht »

As you can be sure that the job isn't running anymore, you can do a Job->Clear Status File in director.

Stephan
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

What stephan is saying is one possibility
The other possibility is that the job is relly still running - Re-starting the DS Server not necessarily kills the running jobs
You need to identify it by user and process name (uvsh) and kill it manually then you be in the state that stephan described !
degraciavg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by degraciavg »

Hi Johnno,

Please try the following...

1. Open DS Director
2. Highlight your job
3. From menu, click Job then Clear Status File
4. If the file still shows "Running", open it in DS Designer and re-compile

Hope this helps... [:)]

vladimir
johnno
Participant

Post by johnno »

Thanks guys. I was attempting to do a Clear Status when I read in the manual that you should ensure that all the job's processes have ended (via the job resources dialog box). When I try to 'show by job' I get the following message:

ERROR: Cannot find any process numbers for stages in job SEL020ManagFileValidationAndLoad

Help!
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

This means that the process no longer exists and you can clear the status file.
You can double check it using OS commands (PS ... on unix/task manager..on windows) look for uvsh with the right user
johnno
Participant

Post by johnno »

Thanks guys. All is well with the world again!