Warnings--->No Limits

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warnings--->No Limits

Post by shiva459 »

Hi All
I have a series of jobs executed through a sequencer.These are mix of parent and child table jobs.The logic for the parent table is INSERT/UPDATE and for the child table it is UPDATE EXISTING ROWS ONLY.Now the problem is,i select the records from WareHouse based on a time window.It happens that the child records are loaded prior to the corresponding parent records.So i will not get some parent records in the given time window.So when the child tries to update the master,which is not present,it gives one warning for each row and the job gets aborted after 50 warnings.I've set the warning limit to unlimited at the sequencer level and collected the reject records into a error table.Now my problem is,how to set the warning limit to unlimited when scheduling the job?.Is there a way to modify the generated job control code for the sequencer so as to set the warnings limit to unlimited for the particular child jobs in the sequencer?.
Can any one help me out to sort this?.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Shiv
spracht
Participant

Post by spracht »

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Beyond that, if you feel like modifying the code generated by compiling your job sequence, there is a function called DSSetJobLimit that you can use prior to executing the job (but after it is attached). You can find this function in on-line help from your Designer.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

quote:Originally posted by shiva459
[br]Is there a way to modify the generated job control code for the sequencer so as to set the warnings limit to unlimited for the particular child jobs in the sequencer?.

This may not be relevant to your question, but we utilizes the command line to run jobs. Within our scripts, we have:

dsjob ... -warn 9999 ...

(6.0r3 here, I believe 6.0.1 OR Twister will accept -warn 0).

We use a third party tool to schedule tasks, as we use a combination of DataStage and self-brewed C/C++/Fortran solutions for dynamic tasks.

-T.J.

... now if this can make breakfast, my life is complete.