Problem with calling Oracle Stored Procedure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could try user-defined SQL using CALL - I do not know whether this will work.
As a general rule, definitions of stored procedures to be invoked by DataStage have to be imported (or created) first (so that the number of arguments can be verified) and must have at least a return result set. In my experience, at least one input parameter is required, even if the stored procedure ignores it. I have only ever invoked stored procedures through an ODBC stage. DataStage Designer's Help suggests that stored procedures can only be used from ODBC or BCP stages.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Raju,

Ray is correct, there is no facility to call a stored procedure from the OCI stage. The following is from the online help -

"You cannot call stored procedures, as there is no facility for parsing the row values as parameters."

Regards,

Michael Hester
degraciavg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by degraciavg »

hi raj,

you can use CALL in the Oracle OCI stage. below is an example on how to run a stored proc without parameter,

CALL SampleProc()

i've used and tested it before (on Ora8i and 9i) and it works... you might want to try it...

vladimir

[/quote]
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

Can someone tell me where is the online help you are talking abt. in this thread 'mhester' has referred to online help. can you let me know what is the url ur referring to?
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

You can use CALL in the OCI Stage as User Defined SQL. You can pass in parameters. It is unsupported. To make sure the parameters are bound correctly make all the columns KEY = YES. You cannot get any values back.
If you are hoping for some error checking be aware that not all errors returned from Oracle are trappable.
Online Help? You're reading it! I'm guessing he meant "F1" help or help from the pdfs. All are pretty weak.