Regarding Job Run Limits--> Warnings (No Limits)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devaraj4u
Participant

Regarding Job Run Limits--> Warnings (No Limits)

Post by devaraj4u »

Dear All,

I am having 1 Control job which interns calling 10 Jobs.When i m running the Control Job(Running using DataStage Director) I want to set the Parameter in the Limits(Tab)-->Warnings to
'No limits'(Option) but it is only applicable to the Control Job If I am not wrong.But I want this option applicable to all the Jobs which are called by this Control Job.Do we have any provision so that we can set the same in Designer / In DS Parameter File Some where.
Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
in your director under tools->option go to the limits tab and set new limits to all the job runs as you wish,
bare in mind that theese new limits apply to the defaults only when run from the client you changed the limits from(if I'm not mistaken).

you'll need to check the implications of this when run via schedual.

if you use batch jobs you can allways use the DSSetJobLimit.

Hope this helps,

Roy R.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Roy is spot on, you have the option of setting the default in Director or setting the limit for individual jobs from your control job code.

The Director option is not reliable. The setting only lasts for the current session so server jobs run from scheduled batch jobs will probably revert back to the 50 row default.

Your Server Job Developers Guide will have a page on DSSetJobLimit. You can use it to limit warnings or limit rows, in this case setting the warning limit to 0 will result in no limits.

There have been previous threads about the dangers of ignoring warnings. The minor inconvenience is that a job producing warnings runs much slower and the warning messages use up disk space. The major inconvenience is when an important warning message is lost amongst dozens of trivial warning messages resulting in missing or incorrect data.

Vincent McBurney
Data Integration Services
www.intramatix.com