DataStage login/ usage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsproj2003
Participant

DataStage login/ usage error

Post by dsproj2003 »

The foll error Appear just after we try to login using datastage user id and password (in Designer, Director)

"Error Calling subroutine: DSR_STATIC (Action=1); check DataStage is set up correctly in project
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))"

Where is the name of my project directory.

It allows to go in, but does not properly allow to access anything.
when accessing table defintions/ODBC I am getting a similar error as mentioned above[with DSR_STATIC (Action=3)]

DataStage was working fine till yesterday. All this happened after I tried to import a table defintion through ODBC connection.

Would appreciate if any of you could give pointers to the problem resolution.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
It is possible your Project repository went crazy.
I think that you might need to use the cleanup option in the DS admin.
but before you try it you might want to read about it and even consult your support.
there might be a problem with the cleanup and I don't recall the whole fixing process, you can look it up in the DS admin documents I belive.
Hope this helps,

Roy R.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Maybe not went crazy but ran out of disk space. Running a project out of disk space is baaaad. You've probably corrupted part or all of the project you had open if you were importing a lot of definitions and didn't have much space left. I'd check the file system utilization first.

If you are out of space, you're going to have to worry about other projects on the same filesystem. If stuff was going on in those projects at the same job (editing jobs, running jobs, etc) you may have corruptions there.

Good luck!

Kenneth Bland
dsproj2003
Participant

Post by dsproj2003 »

Thanks Kenneth/ Roy.

The problem was with the temp directory (pointed to by UVTEMP) directory becoming full.

After cleaning temp dir the mentioned problem got resolved.

Cheers,
Nitin
durgaps
Participant

/tmp space full

Post by durgaps »

Hi,

I got this same error message. I checked the /tmp directory on DS server. It was full(100%). DataStage had created a file as follows:
capture0000012544aa1164078516
. And the size was
bytes. (close to 971 MB). I moved the file to a different directory and the above mentioned login message is not appearing.

Now, the query is what is the significance of this
capture*
file, and its size is huge (971 MB). Why was this file created and with such a size ?

Thanks,
Durga Prasad
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

durgaps,

you posted a completely new topic about the "capture" temporary files onto a topic that was last updated in July 2003. If you are interested in getting information on your issue, please post a new topic in the appropriate forum.
durgaps
Participant

Post by durgaps »

Hi,

I have posted this query under a new topic: capture* files in /tmp directory.

viewtopic.php?p=204442#204442

Thanks,
Durga Prasad