ODBC Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC Error

Post by shiva459 »

Hi
One of my job in the sequencer got aborted by giving the following error message.I guess it is a ODBC error.Can anyone please clarify me why the job got aborted.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Shiva

SQLSTATE=22005, DBMS.CODE=-99999
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0112E Error in assignment. SQLSTATE=22005
SQLSTATE=58005, DBMS.CODE=-902
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0902C A system error (reason code = "13") occurred. Subsequent SQL statements cannot be processed. SQLSTATE=58005

Shivakumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not an ODBC error.
If you read the flow of the tokens in square brackets, you will see that the request actually reached the database server, and the error occurred there.
Within DB2 the error messages were:
CLI0112E Error in assignment. (Request received from client.)
SQL0902C A system error (reason code = "13") occurred. Subsequent SQL statements cannot be processed.

SQLSTATE is a generic ODBC error, but decoding them can provide insight into what's going wrong.
22005 = A value in a parameter marker is incompatible with the SQL data type of that marker.
This happens most often with date and time data types, when what is being provided cannot be converted to a date or time (as appropriate).

As with all of these things, correct the first error and the second error may magically vanish.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518