Managing Category folders

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PJ
Participant

Managing Category folders

Post by PJ »

Hi there. Just wondering if any one knows how you can re-name, move and just do general folder management things to the category folders in DataStage? I can see the options to these things in DS Manager but they all seem ghosted out? I thought this might be a permissions thing but I have full permissions to the project.

Can anyone help? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, so apologies in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They should only be ghosted out if you don't have something selected in a Category, like a job or a routine.

Click on a job in a Category and they should all 'light up'. If you click on the Category itself (LHS) without a job selected, then only 'Delete' will be active, I believe.

Let us know if that's not the case.

-craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If that doesn't work it may be that there's something awry with the indexing in the Repository. Some time when you can get exclusive access to the project, run Cleanup from the Administrator client; this takes only a few minutes, and guarantees that the indexes are rebuilt.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi PJ,

try to switch between View-"Extended Job View" and back. Some Functions are not available in one of them and some not in the other.

Wolfgang Huerter
=====================
Cologne, Germany