the warning shows every time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSD_SendEvent.B is a subroutine that is part of DataStage.
It looks like it's having a problem establishing a connection to localhost.
Is there an entry for localhost in your hosts file? (this file is /etc/hosts on UNIX, or %WINNT_ROOT%System32DriversEtchosts on Windows)

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In DataStage Engine, you can use the DOS command to invoke a DOS shell, and the /C switch causes the shell to be exited once the command is executed.
I suspect that there is a bug in DSD_SendEvent.B in that project, or in the way that it was invoked, because there should be an upper case "/C", and a space between that switch and the command string.
Check with your official support channel to verify. The "fix" is likely to be a replacement version of DSD_SendEvent.B, which is in the DSD_BP.O subdirectory. You might like to compare the two.
What would happen, I wonder, if you made a slight change to the offending job (maybe just to one of the comments), and recompiled it - does that make the problem go away?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alas, you don't have the source code for DSD_SendEvent.B, so you can't edit it.
Have you logged a call with your support provider? I suspect that their fix will be to export the project, delete the project, re-create the project, and import from your export file. This is probably easier than trying to track down the exact cause.