how to copy a stage within a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nageshn
Participant

how to copy a stage within a job

Post by nageshn »

can any one tell me how to copy a stage within a job?

for example I want to copy transformer_0 as transformer_1, so that I have 2 transformers in my job. the reason is, I am creating a job using the link partition and link collector. In effect all my transformers must be the same. rather than create tranformer/lookups etc., and then copying their contents, I need to copy the whole object(stage).

any help appreciated [:)]

nagesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is one way, and that is to put the stage into a shared container.
You can do this by dragging a "rubber band" around the stage (or set of stages) in question, then choosing "convert to container" from the pop-up menu, indicating that you want a shared container.
However, any changes you make in the shared container apply to all instances of that shared container, which is probably not what you want within a job.
Otherwise there is nothing. After all, different instances of a stage, when all is said and done, perform different tasks.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

When using shared container "copier" be shure that in the target job (where you want to copy the stage later on) you don't have any parameter named the same as a parameter in the shared container. If it's about transformers you can open 2 deginers and copy/paste transformer derivation/columns between 2 jobs
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

After having made the shared container you can undo the process on both jobs and by this you are able to copy Jobs or parts of jobs without having any shared containers left back. (unless you want to keep them)

Wolfgang