Fail to open DS_JOBOBJECTS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

azens
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fail to open DS_JOBOBJECTS

Post by azens »

I logon DataStage Director but error message box pops up and fail to open it. After close all popped up message boxes, I found there's no job in my project in Director. Then I try to loop up job list in UniVerse but Once I issue LIST command it told me that 'Fail to open DS_JOBOBJECTS'. Later on I try to rebuild index via DS.TOOLS but failed. Export jobs also failed and I cannot to anything to recover my project.

How to recovery DataStage project if encounter such situation above and no exported project is backuped.

Thanks

Azens Chang
MetaEdge Corp.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_JOBOBJECTS contains all job design information.
It seems that either this table, or one or more of its indexes, has become corrupted.
(Please also check that DS_JOBOBJECTS and D_DS_JOBOBJECTS both exist in the operating system; if someone has deleted these then nothing below will work, and you will need to restore from system backup (not from DataStage export) first.)
Make sure that are no DataStage users or running jobs.
From the Administrator client, select the project and click Cleanup. This re-builds all indexes in the DataStage Repository database. When this has finished try opening the Designer to see whether any job is accessible. If one is, all should be. If not, you probably have a corrupted DS_JOBOBJECTS table.
To determine whether the DS_JOBOBJECTS table is corrupted, close the Designer and open a Command window in the Administrator. Then execute the following command: UVFIXFILE DS_JOBOBJECTS
This will report whether the DS_JOBOBJECTS table is corrupted. If so, please let us know or contact your support provider for advice on how to try to recover some or all of its contents.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
azens
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by azens »

Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot. Finally we found that the reason why DS_JOBOBJECTS is corrupted: disk error by an accidental power surge. I think periodical backup is the only solution.

regards,

Azens Chang
MetaEdge Corp.