Error - DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamalraaj
Participant

Error - DB2

Post by kamalraaj »

Hi,

Hi,

I got a problem while connecting more than 8 transformers in my job. But If iam running with 7 connections of transformaer I did't get this problem.
The Error I got is,
ConnectionTEST..DSDB28:[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as aq result of a database system shutdown or a force command.
SQLSTATE=55032

I check with DB2 services also but there is no problem with DB2 connections / services.

Thanks in Advance for Any solution for this issue.
KAM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the limited description I would guess that your are performing reference lookups from your Trasnsformer stages. Are thry going through the same DB2 stage, or separate DB2 stages?
Is it possible to perform some of these during extraction, by means of joins?
You could pre-load hashed files and use these for reference lookups (they really are faster).
What version of DataStage and, if 6.0 or later, are you using Parallel Extender?

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
kamalraaj
Participant

Post by kamalraaj »

Ray,

Actually iam using the same table(3 stages) and also the different ones,
The sinario is I have to lookup for msr_prd and I need to reject, the same way I have some more validations with other
DB2 Table and need to update in ctrl and other stuffs. The problem comes in the Links iam using the job gives error - if the Links gets incresed.

We are using DS-5.2.1 and Right now we are not using any parellel extender.

Thanks and Kindly advice.
KAM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It still looks like you're hitting some limit for client connections, either to the host machine or to DB2. Eight seems just such a convenient number!
I take it this is a repoducible error, not just someone shutting down DB2 on one occasion!
I would definitely be looking at moving some or all of your reference lookups to local hashed files, not only for speed but also to avoid any problems about number of simultaneous connections from a client into DB2.
kamalraaj
Participant

Post by kamalraaj »

Thanks Ray. I'll try to do it in that way you have adviced.