Exporting of Jobs and ODBC problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pramod_au
Participant

Exporting of Jobs and ODBC problem

Post by pramod_au »

Hi Ray
One fine day,when i tried to export jobs from my folder using Manager i got the following error.But I could import individual job and append to the file.

Error Log :
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=7); check DataStage is set up correctly in project king_ces_dev
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))r

How to import all jobs from a particular folder as it gives the above error when i tried using manager ?

Problem 2 :I get the following error when i tried to import Table definition.
I checked by .odbc.ini file .No problem with that file.Valid entry is made for DSN ,Login and password .

Error Log:
MyDSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQLConnect('DSNName','Login')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=IM976,CODE=-1,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC]Data source name not found, or ODBC is not installed on the system

Regards
pramod

Pramod
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Problem 1 could be any number of things. Does it happen every time you try to import, or only intermittently? You may end up needing to re-build the indexing in the DataStage repository (the SELECT may have failed due to an unavailable or out-of-date index). Or it may be that you ran into a timeout; did the operation seem to take a very long time? Was the server extremely busy at the time?

Problem 2 is a bit generic, so you have to test each component in the stream. First step involves using the test programs supplied with the ODBC drivers; ensure that the ODBC driver manager is loaded, and ensure that the DSN is accessible. Then revert to the DataStage environment on the server, and use the DS_CONNECT program to test whether DataStage can connect to the DSN. This gives good diagnostic information if it cannot.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518